WHOEVER LOVES GOD MUST ALSO LOVE HIS BROTHER
Key Verse: 4:21
1. Read verses 1-3. Why must we test the spirits? How can we recognize the Spirit of God? What does it mean to acknowledge that Jesus Christ came in the flesh? Why do some people deny this? What is an antichrist?
2. Read verses 4-6. How can God’s children overcome the antichrists? How is the point of view of the world different from the point of view of God’s children? How can we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood?
3. Read verses 7-11. Where does real love come from? Why must we love one another? What does our love for others show about us? How did God show his love among us? Why did we desperately need God’s love?
4. Read verses 12-16. How can we know and love God whom we have never seen? Find the verses that say that God lives in us?(12,13, 9,15,16) What is the evidence that God lives in us? What are the practical results?
5. Read verses 17-18. What does it mean that love is made complete in us? (17) How can we be confident and free from fear on the day of judgement?
6. Read verses 19-21. How can sinful people love God? Why must we love fellow believers?